Good Practise Guide
- All land is owned by somebody and we use that land with the goodwill of the farmer.
- Be friendly and courteous when we meet landowners and local residents
- Make no unnecessary noise, especially when passing near houses
- Be careful not to damage fences, walls or hedges; these are livestock boundaries and are expensive to repair.
- Leave gates as we find them.
Clothing & Equipment:
- Always bring a waterproof jacket.
- Wear walking boots or shoes suitable for use on rough ground.
- Bring plenty of food and liquids for the walk.
- A mobile phone.
Issues to consider while walking:
- Use a map to keep track of where you are and the progress you are making along the line of the way. Mark/tick off the markings on the map as you go.
- If in group, stay together and watch out for each other.
- Be aware of traffic, especially if walking on busy road.
- Don't rush, take breaks and most importantly enjoy your self!
NO DOGS ALLOWED